Thursday, August 18, 2011

The joy of red converse

Photobucket

So, where have I been for the past 2 or so months? Working my butt off at a kid's day camp, actually. Not my dream job, but it's a means to an end! (The means being money and a reference letter, which goes towards travel and my dream job {so far} as a museum curator, respectively.)
You're probably thinking - "but, Laura! Day camp ends at 4, or 5:30 if you're doing late pick-up!" To that, I would say that I had a bad cold for 3 weeks, and, more importantly, no inspiration whatsoever. Every single workday for the past 8 weeks has been a day for uniforms - aka a neon green, unflattering, and boxy t-shirt. The only creativity I had was deciding which earrings to wear. I didn't even have much of a choice in terms of shoes since I chose to be comfortable in running shoes, though I have to admit the bits of hot pink and neon green on those running shoes are pretty awesome.
I've missed blogging, though, and my new red converse seem to have inspired me! So, hello everyone, yours truly is back in town!
The theme of this blog post is red, black and white. Check out those red earrings, aren't they awesome?!

Here's my question, particularly for those of you who have strict uniforms: do you ever feel that having that uniform drains your creativity, or does it fuel it because it's a challenge to work around that uniform?


Photobucket

Photobucket
I look so spaced out in this photo! Either way, this is what I was wearing today to go to a doctor's appointment.

Photobucket
(Excuse the blurriness of this photo, the camera was acting really weirdly today, and the lens probably wasn't helped by the insane humidity...) On another note, I like my legs in this picture! Haha.

Photobucket
More detail for the red earrings.

Photobucket

Red converse - gift from my parents from Florida
Black & white t-shirt - bought from some random store, also in Florida
Jean shorts - Macy's. Also in Florida. Am I seeing a pattern here?
Red rose earrings - bought at a little boutique near the old port (here. Not in Florida!)
Red lipstick - The Body Shop (here. Not in Florida, haha!)

XO,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment